- All human behavior is driven by the pursuit to fulfill one or more of the Six Human Needs
- Certainty: safety, comfort, peace, routine.
- Variety: excitement, uncertainty, exploration.
- Connection/Love: appreciation, romantic love, friendship.
- Significance: feeling important, lasting and acknowledged.
- Growth: expansion and evolving as a person.
- Contribution: giving, believing in others, leading, serving.
- People are unique and have special abilities to interpret the world beyond their five senses.
- People are responsible for their own experiences; no one can make you feel a certain way.
- Ultimately, individuals always have the power to choose what they think, believe and feel, regardless of past conditioning.
- Meaning leads to emotion and emotion leads to action.
- Creating an empowering meaning is the way to transform someone’s experience from pain to pleasure.
- Everyone has the resources within themselves to change.
- The strongest force in our human personality is the need to remain consistent with one’s identity.
“Responsibility simple means your ability to respond. If you decide, ‘I am responsible,’ you will have the ability to respond. If you decide, ‘I am not responsible,’ you will not have the ability to respond.
All it requires is for you to realize that you are responsible for all that you are and all that you are not, all that may happen to you and all that may not happen to you.
Taking responsibility is not accepting blame instead of assigning it. It simply means consciously responding to the situation. Once you take responsibility, you will invariable start exploring ways to address the situation. You will look for solutions.”